Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trip to Houston

We had lots of fun the last 2 weeks in Houston. Despite the insanely humid weather we had a blast. We went swimming, to the zoo, visited the beach, made bread and jam. My dad was so nice to give Mo and I a night away at a Marriott Hotel. It had a full kitchen with it! It was pretty cool. It also had a buffet breakfast that served waffles in the shape of Texas! While on our get away we went to an Astros game and lost miserably. Luckily they had great fireworks at the end. Then we headed out to the beach for some fun in the sun and a ferry ride. While on our ferry ride it started to pour rain real hard and we even watched as a funnel cloud formed close by. Since we got rained off the beach we headed over to Moody Gardens and visited the Rainforest Pyramid. It was so nice to get away for a while. Thanks mom and dad for the great time and letting us come.

8 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

How fun to get away by yourselfs! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip. And I'm sorry the girls were a little crazy on the play date!

Jessica Speed said...

So glad you were able to get away, that's so fun!

Alona said...

It was great to see you guys! We need to come and visit you now! Your boys are so stinkin cute!

Terry and Kelci said...

Sorry we missed you in Texas! I'm glad I ran into you at the airport though! It was good seeing you and your cute boys! Random. Whenever you make a trip to Utah...come visit us!

Jennifer said...

IT was fun to see you again.Your boys are so cute. I had tons of fun with tanner around. That picture from the classroom is hilarious. Wish you lived closer. I'll have to come visit you guys.

Anonymous said...

Geez, is Brayden EVER awake?? And would you please feed Tanner so he doesn't have to eat Jennifer's toys. :)

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

I love the slideshow! Brayden is such a doll, I just want to pinch his cheeks! Tanner is a cutie too of course! He looks so much like Mo! Cool pic of the funnel cloud. Looks like you guys had such a nice vacation without kids!

p.s. on my blog, I do my scrapbook pages with Photoshop (I just copy and paste diff. backgrounds from cutest blog on the block into a new doc.) and I use Creative Memories digital scrapbook program

wilfordfamily2003 said...

Alicia,
Finally I'm connected to your blog. For some reason I can't access it when you leave a comment on mine. I loved seeing your pictures of Texas. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I bet it was hard to leave "home".