Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Black Bean and spinach Quesadillas

Here is a delicious recipe my mom sent me a while back that I thought I would share. I think they are really good dipped in a salsa and sour cream mixture.
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
1 (15. 5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
Salsa (optional)
Sour cream ( optional)

1. Saute onion, spinach, beans and lemon juice in hot oil in large skillet. Add garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and salt; stir well. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until spinach is heated through remove from heat

2. Place 1 tortilla in lightly greased skillet. Layer with 1/4 cup of the cheese. 1/3 cup spinach mixture and an additional 1/4 cup of the cheese. Fold in halt, press lightly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and spinach mixture. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

We love quesadillas and this sounds like a combo that we are definitely going to have to try out. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Its very good!

Jessica Speed said...

Sounds really good, I'll have to try it out!

Alison said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to try it out!

Sarah Hastings said...

Mmm, sounds super good, I think we are going to try this one soon!

Alona said...

I'll put in on the upcoming menu! Sounds great! Your new family pictures are so cute!