Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Part of the Van Clan


We finally bought a bigger car. We've been looking around for quite a while to find a car we both liked and could afford. And this is what we ended up with a 2008 Chevy Uplander. Thanks to our fellow Uplander friends we started looking at these cars. It wasn't exactly what we were hoping for but I think we will enjoy the car. Tanner wanted to get this car just because of the automatic doors. I just hope he doesn't break them. Mo has informed me that we don't call it a van we call it a "Hot Rod." (I had a hard time getting the whole car with the angle I was at so just imagine the rest you can't see!)

7 comments:

Dadra said...

Oh, no...another one bites the dust!! (Caving into the minivan that is!!) It looks like a really nice car and will be nice to have once Hemming #3 comes along. I still swear I will never own a mini-van, but I can definitely see it's value though, especially as more kids come along. I may have to sing a different tune in a few years!!!

Cameron, Shannon Voge said...

Yay... another fellow van owner! I'm sure you were like us and swore you'd never be a minivan family... but who knew they'd be so practical! We have automatic doors too and Hallie messes with them more than I'd like and two years later, they're still holding up... so hopefully that calms your worries about Tanner ruining the doors! Have fun driving it!

Melanie said...

I am jealous! John and I always said that we would never get a minivan, but I seriously want one now! Congrats.

Tabitha said...

Congrats on the new wheels! Looks pretty fancy! Like many, I never saw myself as a minivan mom but I never saw myself as one of those crazy cupon people either. Oh well-maybe someday we'll be able to afford to be a little more "cool". Actually besides the economics of a mini van, I love that my little kids can get in and out of the car by themselves...that's worth a lot! (If Haylie and Paige are playing with the auto door too much I can turn it off--hopefully you can do that too!) Congrats!

Susannah said...

Congratulations!!! Maybe I can join the ranks someday!

brittanyandtravis said...

Yay! I love ours. And I absolutely love driving it. :)

Jennifer said...

Nice "Hot Rod"