Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Italian Pasta and Vegetables

This is for all my neighbors who have been wanting some new recipes. I absolutely love this recipe and it's pretty healthy too. My mom purees the topping after she cooks it and it turns out pretty good like that to.

8 oz fettucine
1t. oil
onion and garlic
1/3 c. finely chopped carrot
1 med. zucchini, halved lengthwise sliced
2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes with italian style herbs
2tsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
parmesan cheese to top optional

Heat oil add carrot, onion and garlic cook 2 minutes. Add Zucchini cook 3 minutes. In bowl combine tomatoes, sugar and cornstarch mix well and add to skillet.cook until zucchini are crisp tender. Serve on top of noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. You really can add whatever kind of veggies you like. I've put in yellow squash and loved it. This recipe freezes well. Let me know if you like it!

2 comments:

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

I'm excited to try it! Thanks for posting this on here.

Melanie said...

This sounds yummy...I'll have to add to next week's menu!