Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Reunion

We just got back from a fantastic time in Maryland. We went to my brothers house for a family reunion and had a lot of fun. My kids are tuckered out still! We got to go see a lot of fun places. We watched pig races, saw the Antietam Battle field (bloodiest day of battle during the Civil War...I think!) went to Gettysburg, ate at the Pennsylvania Dutch Market, went to a baseball game, played lots of games, saw DC and lots more. While we were in DC we got to see Arlington Cemetery and the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown soldier. I was sweating up a storm there. I have no idea how the guards could stand it. I was watching the guard as he was walking away from his post and he was soooooo sweaty. I knew arlington cemetery was big but it was way bigger than I thought. We also Iwo Jima, visited the Air and Space Museum and drove around and saw some other monuments and the white house. The cousins had lots of fun playing together and NEVER wanted to go to sleep. We had to have someone sit in their room until they would fall asleep because they were playing around so much. At the baseball game we had 3 people ejected from the game and an idiot fan run around the field for a LONG time before every cop in the stadium was close to or on the field to catch him. We had lots of fun playing some games where we had to knock over water bottles with a ball and panty hose, eating an oreo off our foreheads using only the muscles in our face to get it in our mouths! We had a great time visiting with everyone. Thanks Jason and Dadra for hosting the mad house!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a fun vacation!! I've heard the changing of the gaurds is pretty cool to see. That oreo game looks pretty fun and I bet it hilarious to watch other people try that, I'll have to try that sometime! haha

Unknown said...

Was the game at Camden Yards? Sounds a lot like the Orioles game we went to in the spring.