Saturday, April 24, 2010

McCall's nasty infection




Last week when I was changing McCall's clothes I noticed a huge lump on her neck. So we took her to the doctor and got some antibiotics. Well they didn't help at all and the lump was getting bigger and redder. (They said she had some swollen lymph nodes.) So I took her back to the doctor and then ending up having to get her a CT scan. Well they had a hard time finding a vein (after several pokes) for her IV and had to put one in her head. Her scan showed that not only was there a lump on her neck but also in her chest. So we've done blood test and have also put her on a different antibiotic that has to be administered through an IV. She has to keep the IV in for several days until she gets all of her doses. Hopefully this antibiotic will help clear everything quickly. She has several little dots from all the poking. It is so sad when she watches you through her tears as she gets poked. I think she knows when we go to the hospital something painful is about to happen.

10 comments:

celeste'sblog said...

Oh my poor baby girl. Get better fast!!!!

Jennifer said...

I hope everything is ok. One of my students has a bump just like that on his neck. It's pretty red too. Get better FAST!!

Kayla said...

I feel so bad for little McCall! I really hope that this medicine clears in all up fast! Poor girl!

brittanyandtravis said...

How awful! I hope the medicine works and that it isn't a serious issue.

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

Ohhh, poor little baby! I hope she gets better fast. :(

Alona said...

Poor little thing! Keep us posted!

Kayla said...

I talked to your mom today at Chloe's party - let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you guys. I can watch Tanner, Brayden anytime!!

Nancy K said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! No fun for her or you! Love ya!

Arthur V. / Gene D. W. said...

Our love and prayers are with little McCall.

Meagan Cooper said...

Poor little thing. I hope everything is better now. I heard you guys are moving soon! We get back in a week, hopefully we will be home before you leave!