Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Canning applesauce and soccer

There is a lady in our ward to gave me several bags of these little apples that kept falling off her tree. Another friend told me they made excellent applesauce so we decided to make some. I have never canned applesauce before but it was really pretty easy, the kids loved helping and it tasted really good. I guess the best part was that I didn't need to add much sugar! We made a dozen jars and I'm really tempted to but some more apples and make a bunch more. I spiced to of the jars and they turned out really yummy. Just a side note make sure you check your allspice container to see if it has a shake lid or just a big hole. Mine has a big hole!
The boys started soccer this last week and Tanner has his first game tonight. I'm hoping he gathers up enough confidence to get in the game. I have learned that the more you cheer for him the more likely he is to go for the ball. Hopefully our cheering won't annoy anyone!

I haven't figured out yet why the soccer association gives all the kids uniforms that are to big. All of the kids look like they are wearing night shirts!

No comments: